martes, 24 de junio de 2014

A privilege

I just got some good news from a patient that was very sick. Every single time that I know that my efforts have been useful to alleviate the suffering and improve the life of a patient, I feel extremely happy. This feeling is very rewarding and is hard to explain in writing. I decided to be a doctor since I was born. Like my father and grandfather Ramon, both doctors, and my mom Dolores, a devoted nurse. And also inspired by my siblings Amalia, Roberto, Luis and Pedro, all devoted to treat patients. It's simply a privilege.

Hace un rato recibi buenas noticias de un paciente que estaba muy enfermo. Cada vez que soy consciente que mi esfuerzo ha sido util para aliviar el sufrimiento y mejorar la vida de un paciente, me siento extremadamente feliz. Este sentimiento es muy gratificante y es dificil de explicar con palabras. Decidi se un medico desde que naci. Como mi padre y abuelo, o como mi madre, una dedicada enfermera. E inspirado por varios de mis hermanos, que se dedican a los enfermos. Simplemente, un privilegio.

No hay comentarios: